Friday, September 10, 2010

beginning of fall 2010

Abigail's first time playing in the tide of the Atlantic Ocean.

Enjoying playing in the sand with Daddy!
Our little family!

My mom helped me make this tutu for Abigail while we were visiting in ND.

Her piano debut at 7.5 months...


Fall is officially upon us...with school in session and the temperatures dropping a bit (to a much more tolerant temperature, in my opinion!), we have been enjoying life outside again! The past few weeks have been filled with fun and travel. Some dear friends of ours invited us to spend Labor Day weekend with them at South Padre Island. We immensely enjoyed the weekend, splashing in the ocean with Abigail for the first time! The weather was great for the most part (a bit rainy, but only intermittently) and it was the best weekend we've had in a very long time!

Brian is busy preparing for his interviews with Cameron-Brooks, an amazing recruiting company that places Junior Military Officers in leadership development positions at Fortune 500 companies. It's very exciting to be waiting for God's provision, to find out where He wants us to be working in the world, for His glory. The crew at Cameron-Brooks is amazing and we are blessed that Brian has this opportunity to work with them.

I (Kristin) just got my cast off of my right hand today, two weeks post-surgery for my second carpal-tunnel release. It's great to know that I won't have to deal with carpal tunnel again. I am starting to feel better than I have in three years [quite literally]. I've started attending GriefShare, a Christian-based grief support-group, which has been interesting. I don't know for sure if it has helped me, but it has been nice to know that the thoughts and feelings I have experienced over the past year and a half have been completely normal, so it has brought me a bit of comfort.

Amazing Abigail - now there's a fun topic! Her bottom two teeth are sprouting; she has been crawling for about a month and a half now, and is walking while holding on to furniture and/or people. I didn't expect this to happen so soon, and found out this morning that she can also crawl up steps! She loves exploring, getting into everything possible, chewing on toys (especially books!), and trying to play with Gunner (our vizsla). Life is so exciting with her in it! And although I never imagined getting everything done while having a baby, I find that by God's grace I am enjoying a packed-out day which always has room for everything I want to make priority. I am so blessed to stay at home with Abigail and am loving every minute of it!

I have one prayer request: please lift our family in prayer over the next week, as Soren's two-year birthday is September 16th.

No comments:

Post a Comment